Sunday, November 22, 2015

NEW Poster Print {No Longer A Slave to Fear}

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

My mom slipped this verse written on an index card into my carry on before I boarded a flight to spend my summer serving in Spain my sophomore year in college - not my first international trip, but my first solo trip. One where I did not know the person who would pick me up at the airport in Madrid and take me to a children's camp to work. Nor was I fluent enough in Spanish to help me if there was nobody there to meet me. I bet it was pretty tough for my parents to send me off on this trip, even while trusting those I would serve alongside. I wonder if they slept that night.

Tomorrow my youngest brother, a sophomore in college, boards his first international flight, solo. He will meet up with friends at his destination to attend a conference. The world is a much different place from when I met up with a missionary group in Spain and wandered Madrid with another college student. Now that I am a mother, I have a new perspective on just how hard it would be to send your child off on his first international adventure.

But our God has not changed in 13 years. He still upholds each of us with His righteous right hand. He still keeps His promises to those who are called his children. After hearing a song by Bethel Music for the first time in our worship service last weekend, I was inspired to create this print. {Go add this song to your playlist!} God's children are no longer in bondage to fear. If we give into it, the enemy wins and we no longer be effective. He is our deliverer, our liberator. We are sons and daughters.
I'm so proud of my brother for working long hours while in school full time, for saving his money, for planning this trip, for following his dreams. And for trusting his Father to protect him.
Stand and sing ... I am a Child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment